DTE CAP: Step by Step Registration Guide
Eligibility for CAP:
- Admissions to MBA/MMS through Centralized Admission Process (CAP) conducted by DTE Maharashtra are open for Maharashtra domicile as well as for outside Maharashtra State (All India) candidates.
- The candidates securing Non Zero Positive marks/score in MAH-MBA/ MMS-CET or GMAT/ CAT/ CMAT will be eligible to get admission to MBA course in the State of Maharashtra through CAP round.
Stage-1: Application Stage
- Submission of Online Application Form
- Scanning and Uploading of Required Documents
- Printing of Submitted Application Form
Stage-2: Document Verification, Confirmation of Application Form
- Document verification as per the list of documents on the Application form
- Scanning & uploading of documents.
- Candidates will come to FC with print of online filled & confirmed application form & one set of copy of uploaded documents. FC shall verify all documents and put FC stamp with date & signature on all copies of documents and return the same set of documents to the candidate along with receipt – cum-Acknowledgement of application form. (Candidate shall submit FC stamped & verified set of documents to ARC for re-verification after the allotment and then to the institute for admission as per the schedule)
- Handling of Grievances received from the Candidates
Stage-3: Submission of Online Option form for CAP Round I, II, III and Others, if any
- Facilitate the candidate for Submission of Online Option Form.
- Printing of Submitted Option Form
Apart from the CAP registration and participation dates, DTE announces the list of ARCs and FCs.
CAP to have 3/4 admission rounds
CAP will be conducted in 3/4 rounds. The process will consist of Online Application submission; Option form submission, document verification, counseling along with brief GD-PI, generation of merit list and allotment of MBA seat. Final allotment of seats will be based on your scores in MAHCET; CAT; GMAT, CMAT exams, academics & other parameters leading to merit score in CAP round.
Types of MBA seats available for admission through DTE-CAP:
- Maharashtra State Candidature Seats: The Candidates having Maharashtra State Candidature shall be eligible for these seats
- All India Candidature Seats: The Candidates having All India Candidature shall be eligible for these seats.
- Minority Quota Seats: The Candidates having Minority Candidature shall be eligible for these seats. These seats shall be filled in accordance with the various provisions of the Act.
- Institutional Quota Seats: The Institution can admit Eligible Candidates against 20% of the Sanctioned Intake. The maximum 5% seats may be filled in from the NRI Candidates, if it is approved by the Appropriate Authority at the Institution level.
Important instructions for MBA/MMS admission seekers
- The List of the institutes identified as Admission reporting Centres (ARC) is available on the website.
- The candidate can report to any nearest ARC.
- Once the candidate confirms his/her Option form online through his/her Login for the respective admission rounds, Candidate will not be allowed to change/cancel the option/preference submitted under any circumstances.
- Candidate can avail the facilities for filling & confirmation of online option/preference form free of cost at Facilitation Centre (FC).
All India candidates: Admissions available against CAP Vacancies
Since not all the MBA admissions in Maharashtra B-schools could be finalised through CAP round, there are still many vacant seats in MBA colleges. DTE Maharashtra clarifies ‘The seats remaining vacant after offering admissions to the candidates through CAP due to non-reporting and cancellation after CAP Round-III will be filled in by the managements of the respective institutes. Admission authorities of the respective institutes will have to process these admissions strictly as per the guidelines given by DTE in Annexure -III.